VIRTUAL: Codequest 2021
Accreditation Statement The American Academy of Ophthalmology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians. Designation Statement The American Academy of Ophthalmology designates this live activity for a maximum of 4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity. IJCAHPO CE Credits Ophthalmic allied health professionals receive 4.0 IJCAHPO Group “A” CE Credits for completion of this course. AAPC Credits AAPC will honor 1-for-1 CEUs for any live event offering CME credit or AMA PRA Category 1 Credit .
VIRTUAL Codequest 2021
Friday, February 5, 2021
10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Join the most knowledgeable coding experts in ophthalmology for four hours of professional coding education vital to your success as we emerge from the pandemic. We’ll map out the latest coding updates, review key competencies, test your knowledge of new E/M requirements (the first changes in 25 years), and steer you towards successful solutions for preventing claim denials.
Developed by the American Academy of Ophthalmology and presented in partnership with the Minnesota Academy of Ophthalmology, Codequest™ provides unparalleled instruction for practices of every size.
Codequest ™ is the best way to protect your practice from claim denials and audits.
What You’ll Learn in Four Hours in 2021's All New Program:
- Test Your Knowledge of 2021 E/M Documentation Requirements
- Answer Definitively When to Submit a E/M vs. Eye Visit Code
- CPT, ICD-10 and CCI Bundling and Telemedicine Updates
- Audience Auditor: What Would you Submit?
- To Bill or Not to Bill: What is Billable to the Payer or the Patient?
- Modifier Mastery Challenge: The Impact on Claim Payment or Denial
- Business Office Outcomes: Is Your A/R Working For or Against You?
Each attendee will receive fact sheets on these topics:
- Final Determination Table for Medical Decision Making
- Answers to New E/M Documentation Guidelines
- Eye Visit Codes
- Billing for Biometry
- Coding for Functional and Cosmetic Botox Injections
- Coding for Blepharoplasty
- Coding for Blepharoptosis Repair
- Accounts Receivable Best Practice Tips
- Prior Authorization Checklist and Guidelines
- Modifier Quick Reference Guide
- Surgery Modifiers Resource
- Office Visit Modifiers
- How to Bill for NPPs: Opticians, Orthoptists, Technicians and Scribes
And these topics currently hot audit targets
- What is Billable in Traditional Cataract Surgery
- Photodynamic Therapy Laser
- Intravitreal Injection
- Drug Injection Vulnerabilities
LEARN FROM THE ACADEMY’S CODING EXPERTS
Codequest instructor bios are available at aao.org/codequest
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Ophthalmologists, practice administrators, technicians, scribes, compliance and coders and billers
Have a specific coding conundrum? Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org before the course and get answers to your personal coding challenges.
YOU CAN’T AFFORD TO MISS CODEQUEST
Register today. Attend with your Team.
The American Academy of Ophthalmology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Ophthalmology designates this educational activity for a maximum of 4 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
IJCAHPO CE Credits
For Live events only: 4 hours of Category A IJCAHPO credit.
For recordings: Credit requirements are determined by your type of certification. Verification of awarded credits should be confirmed with IJCAHPO.
AAPC will honor 1-for-1 CEUs for any live event offering CME credit or AMA PRA Category 1 Credit.
WHAT YOUR COLLEAGUES ARE SAYING
“Loved Sue's presentation. Always a great presenter.”
"Thank you for making the course available online"
"Thanks for providing Codequest online this year due to COVID-19."
"Enjoyed the online format"
"I enjoyed the webinar. Thank you very much!"
"I enjoyed having the PDF handbook. Great way to record notes during the playback."